I have vivid memories of riding into winds so stiff, you
feel like you’re not moving. I have
memories of smashing out an amazing time, and getting into a rythmn to have a
red light ruin my parade. I had one ride
which I copped 12 straight red lights, and then copped close to 20 red lights in the first 15 km’s.
The scenery can be amazing, and there are sections which are
fun to ride, but I have never been drawn to Beach Road. Give me hills any day of the week over Beach
Road. On Beach Road, you can smash out a segment at
over 50kmph and still end up 1,000th on the segment. Unless you’re motor paced in a group, or have
a super strong wind behind you have no hope of getting good times on Beach Road, and if
you have, it doesn't necessarily mean you've ridden well!
I’m not saying Beach Road is a bad place to ride. For those that like this type of riding, its
heaven for them as the 1:20 is for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment