Thursday, 8 January 2015

My Dirty Dozen

Over the past three years, the Climbing Cyclist has put together some magnificent Dirty Dozen Courses. I was wondering, if I could put together a list of 12 of the nastiest climbs in Victoria (non-Dirty Dozen climbs), what would they be?  Here is a list I came up with, in no apparent order, as with climbs like these, a lot depends on how you feel on the day as to how extreme they are.  I would rate Frances Street in Lorne as the hardest climb in Victoria, and will leave lasting psychological stress if you attempt to climb it:

Glenmore Road (Bacchus Marsh):
https://www.strava.com/segments/661364

Mount Tarrengower (Maldon):
https://www.strava.com/segments/612480

Thompson Dam (Walhalla):
https://www.strava.com/segments/1195178

Glenvale Road (Park Orchards):
https://www.strava.com/segments/626570

Pigeon Bank Road (Kangaroo Ground):
https://www.strava.com/segments/613675

Police Academy Hill (Glen Waverley):
https://www.strava.com/segments/620570

Frances Street (Lorne):
https://www.strava.com/segments/3735340

Waverley Avenue (Lorne):
https://www.strava.com/segments/3287300

Martyr Road (Warburton):
https://www.strava.com/segments/714075

Aararat Hill (Aararat):
https://www.strava.com/segments/779266

McCarthy Road (Monbulk):
https://www.strava.com/segments/7240157

Kia Ora Parade (Ferntree Gully):
https://www.strava.com/segments/1401732

No comments:

Post a Comment