I had met Gary Beazley once at the Domestique Mount Buller ride on the 22nd February 2014. At that stage he was preparing to do his first Everest on Mount Alexander. He not only finished it, but kept on riding, and knocked off well over 10,000 vertical. I kept in contact with him, and late one afternoon I got a message from him on Facebook saying “I’m Everesting the Serpentine now”. WTF! I was staggered that anyone would consider doing the Serpentine. I talked with the missus & begged for a leave pass to go & to ride a few laps with him after dinner.https://app.strava.com/segments/817004
There was a family at one of the houses that were watching us the whole time, and must have thought that we were crazy. They stayed up until after 10:00pm, watching the crazy people's go up & down their street, lots & lots of times.
![]() |
| Yep, its a Goat track! |
![]() |
| Me & JVS |
Here is a link to Gary’s Everest. After doing 100 repeats of the Serpentine, he definitely deserves mega Kudos for doing this one:
https://app.strava.com/activities/130038003
I didn’t get home till well after midnight, and was a tired boy at work the next day, but it was certainly worth it.
Gary's reward for Everesting the Serpentine JI didn’t get home till well after midnight, and was a tired boy at work the next day, but it was certainly worth it.
Here is a link to my Strava Activity here:
https://app.strava.com/activities/129838060



No comments:
Post a Comment