Sunday, 8 March 2015

Double Puncture



I was descending the bike trail next to Wellington Road (Wheelers Hill), way too fast & at a road crossing blew both front & rear wheels.  I wasn’t happy.  I rolled to the base of the hill & as it was nice & wide, and I kept the bike to the edge of the path and flipped the bike over & went to work.  I was onto fixing my second tyre when I saw a guy descending towards me.  Its great how in most instances a rider will slow down & offer help.  It’s a great code of cycling.  We all hate getting punctures. 

As he passed me he screams at me: “get off the footpath so people can get around you!”  

He was the only person I saw the entire morning and the path was completely empty.  I can assure you I was not in his way.  He was just a jerk!  Just what I needed to have sand kicked into my face.  I was not impressed.  I hope that he heard me when I yelled “why don’t you lose some weight so you can get around me you fat .........”

No comments:

Post a Comment