Sunday, 8 March 2015

A day of photography in the Dandenong's

I strained some ligaments in my left leg and was forced off the bike for most of the week.  I needed to find an easy ride to return with, and a thought popped into my mind that I've wanted to do a number of climb write-ups for this site, and could go into the Dandenong's to take a tonne of photos, and since I'd be stopping every 5 minutes up each climb, would make for an easy day.  I did better than expected and was happy to knock out a century considering I was returning from an injury.
Here is the Strava Activity here:

https://www.strava.com/activities/264633427


Here are some of the photos I took:

Olivebank Road (Ferntree Gully)

David Hill Road
David Hill Road

First part of McCarthy Road (Monbulk)
McCarthy Road
McCarthy Road

At 22% for 500metres, this is one of the hardest views to see in the Dandenong's
Selby Aura Road (Selby)
Selby Aura Road (Selby)

On the weekend you could get lucky and see Puffing Billy ride by!
William Road (Kallista)
William Road (Kallista)

William Road (Kallista) 
Selby Road (Selby)
Selby Road (Selby)
Selby Road (Selby)
Selby Road (Selby)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs - thanks for sharing your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess. Has been a great excuse to try and get back into photography. Just need to upgrade my camera soon :-)

    ReplyDelete