I was camping here with my wife, and we took a scenic drive out
to the Cape Nelson State Park, which offers spectacular cliffs, diverse bird life, picturesque walks and the working
Cape Nelson Lighthouse are some of the attractions for visitors to Cape Nelson
State Park, which is 243-hectares
(600-acres.).
http://www.capenelsonlighthouse.com.au/Cycling.php
I was hooked, and drooling at the thought of riding through
this amazing area. Tomorrow was the last
day of our holidays and I was pretty wrecked at that stage, but knew this would
be worth setting the alarm for.
I had a headwind to contend with for the first half of the
ride, and was amazed at how quiet the roads were. I kinda got lost on the way, but we’ll
pretend that didn’t happen. There are
these massive wind turbines at the Cape Nelson State Park, and you feel pretty tiny
riding alongside them. Overall, it was a
pretty flat ride, but the wind certainly made it a bit challenging.
The view riding up to the Cape Nelson Lighthouse was amazing, and well worth getting up at 5:00am to see. I probably only saw about 2 cars for the whole ride, and this capped off an amazing week of riding different parts along the Great Ocean Road. If you ever get the chance I would highly recommend riding through Cape Nelson as well as Cape Bridgewater, where I can guarantee that you will be blown away by the scenery.
https://www.strava.com/activities/38639912
No comments:
Post a Comment